Do you have a ground-breaking gaming idea that doesn’t let you sleep? It is said, an idea is only as good as its execution.
It is time you should start executing your gaming idea. Do you know why?
As per a Forbes article, the video game industry is expected to reach over $300 billion by 2025. Also, 65% of American adults play video games, so irrespective of the gaming idea, there are high chances that it will get a good user base because gaming is popular amongst all generations.
Having said that, game development is a complex and comprehensive process.
As an entrepreneur who wants to develop new games, it is critical to ensure that your game development process is foolproof. And in the gaming industry, timing plays a significant role in the success or failure of an idea.
The development cycle must be agile and adaptive as per market needs.
Best ways to get started with game development:
- Brainstorm On Idea – Now that you have a gaming idea, let’s go a step further to understand what kind of a game it is – adventure, action, strategy, puzzle, or anything else. What are the existing market dynamics with respect to that particular game type? Is it going to be a 2D game or a 3D game? What could be possible iterations of the game? Keep a note of all the ideas, write it down. The more extensive these notes are, the better it is for the design and implementation stage.
- Research On Target Market – Once the initial brainstorming is done, it is time to do stand at the moment.
- What is the total available market size (TAM) and how much of it is going to be your serviceable obtainable market (SOM)?
- Is there a single persona that your target audience can be categorized under or are there multiple personas?
- What is the motivation factor for every such persona?
- What should be the flow of the game that keeps the gamers motivated and hooked to play more?
- Finalize Game Engine – If you are into the gaming industry, you would know the popular game engines. But if you are new to this business and have no clue what a game engine is, then here’s a short description for your understanding. A game engine is a software development interface or platform that allows you to build a video game. Now, there are multiple tools like Unity, Game Maker Studio 2, and Unreal that you can pick to build your game on. The selection of a game engine depends on the need and skill level of your game. You can try free versions of the game engines to try which one works best for your game. To avoid any confusion, seek advice from technical experts who know the industry inside out and have worked on multiple game engines.
- Get Development Done, Find Publisher, And Think – At this stage your game starts taking a visible form. Get prototypes made and experiment with shortlisted iterations of the game. Once your game is prepared, you need to publish it across different distribution platforms like Apple App Store, Google Play Store, Steam, etc., and make your game available to the end-users.
If all the above steps appear to be a daunting task then you can also outsource the same to professional game developers.
Advantages of outsourcing game development as compared to getting it done by yourself
- Technology: Unless you have spent a considerable amount of time in the gaming industry, it is difficult to understand the nitty-gritty of platform-specific technologies for the type of game that you want to develop.
- Skills & Expertise: Professional game developers come with years of hands-on experience. They can brainstorm with you together from scratch to end and enrich your game with their suggestions and ideas.
- On-time delivery: As mentioned earlier, timing plays an important role in the gaming industry. Any delay in the game development cycle could cost you millions. With outsourcing, you could specify your deadline that will ensure that no compromise is made on timelines and milestones of the project execution.
If you are looking for an outsource partner for your game development, then reach out to [email protected] or call us at (800) 484-0106